View Single Post
Old
09-02-2013, 10:35 PM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Usually I am one to proclaim the Sky is falling and raging at this type of move but I don't see this as such a dire or outrageous move.

If Crawford was carried and played shaky for large chunks of playoffs ala Niemi 2010 then I would maybe be more outraged

But he was great all year and stepped up his game to an elite level in playoffs. Crawford has been nothing but hard work and class his entire time with Hawks organization and the franchise clearly is rewarding him with not only a massive contract but the vote of confidence that he is the guy in net and part of the core
The problem is that this means we won't re-sign Hammer who is our defenseman that plays the best defense. Should have re-signed Hammer now and waited to see if Crawford comes back to Earth a little bit. Why are we re-signing a guy when he has all the leverage? I mean, CC's value is as high as it ever will be right now....if he regresses (which he will) back toward being a more average NHL goalie then this will look like one of Stan's worst moves.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote