Thread: Prospect Info: Traverse City Tournament 2013
View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 11:02 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
1. Fast and Lindberg being better players is irrelevant. Again, it's about introducing them to the franchise and the coaching staff. To break the ice so to speak. Miller and McIlrath popped that cherry long ago. Training camp and the pre-season will be the time to evaluate them against each other from a competitive standpoint.

2. Who cares what other teams do? Call me crazy, but I'd guess that the guys paid to be involved in the inner workings of our team and basically stalk these guys the entire year know who needs what far better than the armchair GMs of HFBoards.

3. What Fitzy said is a good excuse for being disappointed that certain players aren't showing up from a personal standpoint. Not from a "management made the wrong decision" standpoint. I get wanting to see a McIlrath for personal reasons. I don't get pretending to know better than management whether it makes sense for McIlrath to attend.
Now you're accusing me of saying things other people posted.

I never criticized managements judgement. I said I was disappointed in my OP, and I think our team is going to struggle in the tournament.

It matters what other teams do because they ALL are bringing guys with pro experience. Buffalo for example is bringing Pysyk, Grigorenko, Girgensons. All of these guys have been in the organization and met the coaching staff plenty of times. Pysyk has 20 NHL games under his belt, and Grigs has a bunch as well. Zack Phillips has spent 70 games with the Houston Aeros coaching staff.

An introduction to the Rangers organization would be great if other teams were doing the same thing. They're not, so why should the Rangers?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote