View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Well they have been pretty patient with their young defensemen as of late. Granted there hasn't been much to work with outside of Gus but even with him they've been patient, maybe even too patient.

Gostisbehere is another one, he probably could have been offered a contract this summer & assigned to Adirondack for this season but the Flyers opted to leave him in College by not offering him a contract.

I'm fairly confident they'll give Morin the time he needs just going by their comments on how raw he is. I think at the very minimum he finishes out his junior eligibility next year & then heads to the AHL for a season or two. He'll have to really wow people to make it in the NHL within the next 3-4 years IMO.
Ghost has said he wants to finish all four years of college, and he might need that to fill out. Either way, I don't think there's a need to rush him with Streit signed.

I think Morin has two years of Jr. eligibility left before he's eligible to play for the Phantoms, he just turned 18 in July. Don't you have to be 20 before the AHL season starts to play? Happy for confirmation by someone who knows.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote