Thread: Center problem
View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 02:14 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Yeah, that's pretty close to how I feel, except my general apathy towards who ends up as 4C manifests as a desire to give the role to whoever has the most potential to help the club longterm. For me, that's Lander. At a certain point, if you want a prospect to develop into a useful NHLer, you've got to take off the AHL training wheels and let them loose on NHL ice. Give them the reps. See what they can do. Justin Schultz proved pretty definitively last year that it doesn't matter how amazingly you can perform at the AHL level -- at the end of the day, NHL hockey is a different thing entirely and the only way to get good at it is to do it as much as possible. You'll never become a good NHLer by playing in the AHL. This is Lander's last year of his ELC. It's "show me" time for this prospect, and I think it makes little sense for him to show us what he's got in the AHL. I want to see what's really there under the bright lights of the big show.
I kinda disagree as I don't see Lander ever being much more than a 3rd liner, which is good but I don't think you give him a spot because of this. Especially considering you can go out and sign proven 3rd liners everyday of the week.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote