View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
As others have pointed out you only read what you wanted to hear and argue about Mr. over the top Gagner lover :-P. I am Joking btw.
I'm not though. To equate the Gagner detractors to the people who are supporting him by suggesting the arguments they're crafting are on them same level is frankly just an out and out lie. It's a lie on it's face. The people who are supporting him are suggesting reasonable things, maybe of the post of detraction aren't of the same realm, it's Not close.

Quote:
The reason it is Ludicrous to have Gagner as captain is because Hall is very very very obviously the best leader/producer on the ice. This is painfully obvious to everyone I talk to about the Oilers, even those who are fans of other teams. We can only guess and speculate at the rest of the intangibles.
Yes Hall is a better player on the ice, but you Assume alot of the rest. So your own preconceived notions create this narrative, which may or may not actually exist. It's a flaw in your personal bias.

Quote:
I think the best example of a team captain selection currently going on is the Islanders, with all their young talent and greater success only Tavares is truly even being considered by their fan base.
Yes, because the Islanders had other options. If they give to Hammonic(who's really the only other option) does that make it terrible? Good for the Isles, has no baring on the Oilers.