View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 02:32 PM
superspitfan99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
I made the trip to Mississauga to catch the Thursday scrimmage. I was disappointed that the game didn't take place on the main rink as I am sure the kids would've loved playing there.

It was a typical Steelheads game with a low scoring affair (2-0).

To be honest, there was not a lot to take away from the game today.

Sean Day displayed his game as advertised (smooth skater) but he will really need to learn to engage himself physically (maybe he will in regular season action, but I know it has been a weakness of his game).

Damian Bourne - looks to have grown even larger but I wanted more from the big forward. He's puck skills and shot need to improve to warrant his first round selection. His game is VERY raw at this point. Also, for a kid with his impressive frame, he needs to learn to become more aggressive and compete for pucks harder. He's a good skater though.

Jesse Barwell remains one of my favourite players. I remember heading into last year's draft, I was pulling for him to be a first round selection. His dynamic ability, quick puck skills and ability to think the game quickly will eventually show teams that he was deserving of the first round. The Steelheads nabbed a good one in Barwell last year.

There were a few other players who had some good flashes but I will post more thoughts after tomorrow's scrimmage that I plan on attending.
This must be your first season at camp....they never play in the main rink. The ice usually isn't in there yet.