View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post
A very heathy debate, nothing real negative going on here (exceptions of course). This thread reminds me of the "Horcoff for 1st line" thread a couple years back. I argued that Horc was being put in a position to fail. Thier were many posters who defended Horc endlessly.... Lets not do the same to Sam.

It seems that some posters will support anything that comes out of the front office of the team (not that this rumour did). Missing the Playoffs for countless years and down right sucking as a team should allow us to voice our concerns.

From what I see on the ice, Hall and it's not even close. I don't know what goes on in the dressing room or lifestyle etc, so I'm willing to support somebody else but there really isn't anybody that sticks out like Hall, and he sticks out as a leader...
Don't get me wrong, and I'm a big Hall fan, but the org has expressed continual concern about players offseason habits and whether they come into camp entirely ready and prepared with healthy offseason training and lifestyle.

To this end the team has even hired a fitness guru coach who will lead by example and is already been communicating with guys on the team getting in their ear about their fitness regimen. It is my take that some players "felt their way into last season" and are not reknowned heavy trainers. I think the club has grown tired of this. Gagner, who trained hard in the offseason, and the results clearly showed, exemplifies in this regard what the team wants in terms of commitment. Its why they singled him out for praised multiple times last year and gave him extra assignments, trust and toi(more than any other forward) last season.

Its not just hockey talent, or what takes place on the ice. In management you reward those employees willing to go the extra mile and that will exemplify the direction that you want to go in as an org. What player is doing that more than Gagner?