Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 07:09 PM
oilexport

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Don't get me wrong, and I'm a big Hall fan, but the org has expressed continual concern about players offseason habits and whether they come into camp entirely ready and prepared with healthy offseason training and lifestyle.

To this end the team has even hired a fitness guru coach who will lead by example and is already been communicating with guys on the team getting in their ear about their fitness regimen. It is my take that some players "felt their way into last season" and are not reknowned heavy trainers. I think the club has grown tired of this. Gagner, who trained hard in the offseason, and the results clearly showed, exemplifies in this regard what the team wants in terms of commitment. Its why they singled him out for praised multiple times last year and gave him extra assignments, trust and toi(more than any other forward) last season.

Its not just hockey talent, or what takes place on the ice. In management you reward those employees willing to go the extra mile and that will exemplify the direction that you want to go in as an org. What player is doing that more than Gagner?
Are there clear maturity issues with Hall ? I have heard of some (nightlife) stuff but ya don't like to knock a 20 year old who's just being that. It must be a muturity issue if Hall is not picked ?