View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderone View Post
There are essentially 11 forward spots taken: Giroux, Hartnell, Couturier, Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Read, Lecavalier, Laughton, Talbot.. So that leaves Adam Hall, Tye Mcginn, Jay Rosehill - all battling for the 12th spot. That's not including Gagne, who for some reason I'm sure they'll sign, or the guy nobody expects, like a Straka or Newbury, having a great camp and making the team.

It's gonna be tough for Mcginn to be a regular, but I like how he plays.
I don't think Laughton is a lock. His talent is probably at NHL level, but if the brass sees fit, they can send him back to juniors for some more fine tuning.

Many are expecting Straka to make a case for himself to crack the NHL lineup. He's got the skill and shot, but the rest is yet to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I really like McGinn but hopefully next year he's a little smarter when deciding when & who to fight. There was really no reason to go out of his weight class & fight Mike Brown last year. It cost him a broken orbital bone & a trip to Adirondack for the remaining duration of the year.

I'm alright with the Newbury & Stuart fights where he was sticking for himself & Voracek in those scraps but not the Brown where it seemed he was fighting just to fight.
couldn't agree more. I believe my thought process during that fight was: "Oh boy, this doesn't seem like a good idea. Although if he knocks him out/down, the legend of Tye...welp, that was stupid. Fight when you need to kid."

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote