View Single Post
Old
09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Agreed. I like Hervey but he looked absolutely foolish today and anyone who defends him is just being silly. This team has a multitude of problems and I'm not yet convinced that Hervey isn't one of them.

Unfortunately, a lot of people still see Hervey as the proud Eskimo player and thus ignore some of the terrible moves he has made so far.
I was concerned with the Hervey hire from the outset and was very vocal here about that. Hervey had all kinds of support on this board. Not sure why.

Tying a wagon of hope to Hervey being a spirited player was the byproduct of downtrodden fans wanting to hope for something. Which I did last season. Kind of like blind faith and just hoping beyond hope. The fan in all of us that wants to believe.

To me having Reed as a headcoach who is unskilled disaster at the position, and a GM with zero experience at the position, along with the usual idiots like Rhodes was going to lead to an unmitigated disaster. I had to talk myself into even bothering to follow the club this year. Not since say 1970 did I have less faith in this club which is saying something.

You just can't have managerial incompetence/inexperience at every level in an org and have much good come out of it. This was not an unknown. It was a likelihood.