View Single Post
Old
09-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
What's with the Carle/Streit comparison? Sure, both are average to below average defensively, but Streit has always been a much better offensive defenseman. Streit over Carle isn't a wash. In fact, it's an upgrade.
The comparison is that they are both classified as PMD's......I agree Streit has more offensive prowess and should make our already good PP even better but he is not some defensive stalwart that is going to make us miss Carle and his boneheaded lapses either. And again I'm just saying that from last season's standpoint people saying he wouldn't have helped this team I think are wrong considering how terrible the team was last year on the transition..Lavi said as much and why he hopes with Streit they will be better (regain equilibrium). It remains to be seen how much better though. If Streit meets or exceeds expectations then again this will all be a moot point. If he is worse or almost the same as Carle then Holmgren's fix was just really a sideways move which necessary but only b/c he let go an asset for nothing in the first place when maybe he could have signed him to more palatable terms (Holmgren publically stated as much) considering they had tagging space at one point during the season per Meltzer...

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote