View Single Post
Old
09-04-2013, 01:37 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Cool I respect your projection and I do hope it's the case..just need to keep things in perspective since really Streit was signed to help fill the Carle gap for all intents and purposes. I definitely want Streit to do much better than Carle and that includes both ends of the ice. Streit does at least add more leadership experience as well..so I'll add that intangible.
I think management definitely views Streit as a replcement for what was missed last year with the departure of Carle. I just think he'll do what Carle did at an even higher level. Streit has routinely been a 45-55 point producer, a powerplay quarterback, and has shown the ability to make any team's transition game a hell of a lot better. Carle, up until last year, was on a much better team with much better players around him and he was only a 35-45 point producer. He could never quite make an impact on either special team, despite the fact that he was practically spoon fed the time after Pronger's injury. Lavy was desperate for him to become more involved with the powerplay, and he had neither the shot nor the vision to make it work at any susbstantial level. At this point, he's an average number 4 that doesn't excel at anything other than the first pass, which is only slightly above average.

Last edited by flyershockey: 09-04-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling
flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote