View Single Post
Old
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
I'm a Columbus fan, and since we got generalized into this thread I'll just say that the bolded pretty much sums up my position on the guy. To be fair, that's not representative of a lot of the CBJ fans, but I have a hard time looking at his career and seeing where he's going to live up to his billing.

As far as suggesting that the consensus view of Nash's goals by Columbus fans is that they were mostly meaningless, I don't know where the OP came up with that.
Read my second post where I said it was hyperbolic... I heard it plenty of times before the trade, and someone referenced it the other day, that's where it came from.

His billing is as an offensive forward that isn't a total liability defensively, no one claims he is a checking forward/energy guy. I think the failure to realize that is definitive of people having too high of expectations or thinking all players should play similar games. I think he fits up to that just fine, just like Gaborik lives up to his billing as a one dimensional "sneaky" goal scorer.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote