View Single Post
09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Read my second post where I said it was hyperbolic... I heard it plenty of times before the trade, and someone referenced it the other day, that's where it came from.

His billing is as an offensive forward that isn't a total liability defensively, no one claims he is a checking forward/energy guy. I think the failure to realize that is definitive of people having too high of expectations or thinking all players should play similar games. I think he fits up to that just fine, just like Gaborik lives up to his billing as a one dimensional "sneaky" goal scorer.
I did read your post, but I don't understand your use of hyperbole there.

Is that his billing? I thought it was as power forward with all the tools. You're certainly right that no one claims he's a 3rd or 4th liner.

Maybe it's being a Columbus fan, but the view in the league seems to have always been that Nash is a superstar, which by definition is someone to build a team around (as Columbus tried to do). Based on that, he's seemed overrated to me for awhile now. At least he's not your captain like he was with us, because a leader he is not (unless you buy into the apologists' line that he's not a "vocal" leader).

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote