View Single Post
Old
09-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

vCash: 500
Met most of the Leafs players from 99-01. Never met a bad one.

Went to Shayne Corson's restaurant during that time and saw Shayne and Darcy Tucker talking it up having a drink. My dad and I (me being 9 at the time) walked up to them and struck up a nice conversation, and they signed my jersey. Couldn't have been any nicer.

In '01 I went to Toronto to watch a few games. One of them was against Colorado and I was a huge Tanguay fan/Colorado was my 2nd favourite team. My dad pulled some strings to get us into the same hotel as the Avs. One night we were coming back from supper and who else was in the lobby but Alex Tanguay, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy, and Ray Bourque. I walked past everyone to Tanguay and had my Mooseheads jersey conveniently with me along with my Avs jersey. I talked with them for a bit, got their signatures and a picture with Tanguay. All of them were really nice and Roy made a joke when I went to Tanguay saying "Ah, must be from Halifax." All but Tanguay left to walk to the restaurant they were going to and he stayed back for 5 minutes just to talk to me. Couldn't have had a better experience with NHLers.

On my 11th birthday, my dad had a charity golf tournament to play in. This was also only 10 days after Sidney Crosby was selected 1st overall in the Q draft. My dad's friend was coming to pick my dad up and he made a stop beforehand to pick up Sid. When they showed up, Sid got out and signed a Rimouski flag that I had and took a picture with me. Even at 15 years old, he was very nice to his fans.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote