View Single Post
Old
09-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Adam Warlock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Yeah, ok dude. The guy doesn't do anything well anymore. He isn't bad at anything, either. He's just kind of there. Contrary to popular opinion he doesn't create any offense anymore. Also, he can't finish many of the prime scoring chances he is presented with. He does find open ice for scoring chances, just does nothing with it.

Unlike you, I've actually gone back and watched many games from last year. My eyes aren't deceiving me. He is a really low end NHL forward. Tale off your 2005 Gagne jersey and accept that it's 2013.
One of the things I liked about having Gagne back was his ability to find open ice and be in position. A lot of the younger players lack hockey sense in that area, and that really showed early on in the season. I agree he struggled finishing...but I think his smart play could really compliment the younger skill out there. Even when he played on the top line at the end of the year, his positioning opened up space for G and Vorecek.

No one expects Gags to put up 30+ goals anymore...but I dont think 15-20 goals/40-50 points in that unrealistic. Hes still a great skater and solid two way player who brings a lot of character to the table.

As long as the cap hit is reasonable...I really dont see why people are so against bringing him back.

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote