View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 525
Sept. 4: Macaulay Goes Pro, Domestic Pre-Season Begins

Blair Macaulay, the Bisons' top scorer, and one of the best players in the CIS, has signed a pro deal. He and his brother, Scott Macaulay, are headed off to the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL, an Edmonton Oilers affiliate. Both played for the Winnipeg Saints. Thereafter, Scott went to the NCAA and Blair to the WHL.

The quote tells just how good he was:
Quote:
Macaulay played four seasons (2009-13) at Manitoba and was selected as a two-time Canada West menís hockey MVP during 2011-12 and 2012-13 season Ė only the second player in the award's 35-year history to win the award in consecutive seasons. The Winnipeg native had a very successful career with the Bisons and his accolades included being named a 2012-13 CIS First Team All-Canadian, 2011-12 CIS Second Team All-Canadian, being named Canada West First Team All-Star in three consecutive seasons (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13) and part of the NHLís Winnipeg Jets 2012 Development Camp roster.
What it does not say is that he started as a 4th-liner and penalty killer and quickly moved his way up in the order. Check out the Elite Prospects stats page. The 23 goals in 28 regular season games in 2011-12 was quite incredible.

I saw him at a Bison workout during the team's European tour. However, I also believe I saw Chris Benias and perhaps other former Bisons there as well. Whether the team thought he might return is something I just don't know.

The Bisons' next games are in Regina where they will face Bedrock on Friday, September 13 and the Evil Monkeys on Saturday, September 14.

Links:
:. [U of M Story] : reposted [at CW]
:. [Bakersfield Condors Story]
:. [Elite Prospects Stats page

ALBERTA GOLDEN BEARS 5
UA AUGUSTANA VIKINGS 1

Links:
:. [U of A Linescore]
:. [Augustana Tweet] :. [U of A Tweet]
:. [ACAC Schedule Page]
:. [Augustana Team Page] :. [Alberta Team Page]

There is not much detail here, other than the score from a couple of tweets. Check the links for more detailed summaries and perhaps a game story which may have been uploaded after I posted.

NEXT UP:

Fri Sep 06 Calgary v Alberta (at Banff)
Sat Sep 07 Alberta v Calgary (at Banff)
Mon Sep 09 Flames Rookies at Calgary
Tue Sep 10 Oilers Rookies at Alberta
Tue Sep 10 Regina at Weyburn (SJHL)

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote