View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I wanted him as GM of the Oilers because he could clean house and get rid of Lowe and co.

If he gets rid of King and Feaster I think he could make some improvements. If not, him and Feaster (both stubborn) will be a complete train wreck.
If Feaster is made President that would be the greatest thing ever. Feaster vs Lowe, 2 once good GMs (Feaster in Tampa, Lowe 06) But who are now garbage and somehow president

In Toronto Burke made some great trades, however he had some vets with some good trade value in Beachmin, Kaberle (was still productive) and Stajan (had value surprisingly)

In Calgary he only has an ageing Cammy on a bad contract, Stemps and Gio. It will be interesting to see if he can make trades with those guys and get back Phanuef/Lupul/Gardiner level guys back.

Also wonder how much he has left. Hes been through 3 teams, 2 of which were rebuilds.

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch
Burke would never have been able to clear out Lowe if he had been hired by the Oilers, general managers typically aren't given the power to fire their bosses. Same goes for Ken King down in Calgary who is president of the organization.

Lowe has a job until he decides to retire, or Katz fires him.

I have to feel bad for Flames fans though, they think they are going into a rebuild(hypocritically hoping for it after trashing the Oiler's for their rebuild for so many years), and then they might hire the guy who hurt Toronto's rebuild with his own impatience

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote