View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLURVE View Post
If MacT had not spout off about trading Horcoff and Hemsky so often soon after becoming GM, they would not have needed this presser when the trade failed. It would saved a lot of spin doctoring.

Now, if Hemsky is going to be here for the year, then there was not much need to trade away PRV for Perron since Magnus was coming on strong late last season driving to the net with and without the puck and scoring. One more year of development under Eakins might be the good medicine going down. Instead, we have a 3rd line Hemsky making 5 million/yr. MacT might be a fine spin doctor but with this, he put the "F U" in SNAFU.
I agree with this. The whole press conf. thingy was to spin Hemsky not being traded. And although Hemmer is saying all of the rehearsed right things...playing different role, help the kids, yada yada yada. But when the reality of playing in his new limited minute role with little to no PP time arrives I think his level of commitment will be tested. The only thing transparent was the lame attempt to pass off poor asset mgmt. I however didn't mind the PRV for Perron trade but it should have hinged on Hemsky being moved.