View Single Post
09-05-2013, 02:13 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Dubinsky's production rate went up consistently every season but two (his second full season, where they moved him away from Jagr, and his last season here, where he clearly just had a down year).

Excepting those two, his production has steadily gone up (including last year, where he put up the highest production rate of his career).

People here didn't like him because he held out and because they expected him to be a goalscorer (which he never was). The team traded him because Columbus demanded him and they wanted Nash. That's all there is to it.
There where other things that were problematic with Dubinsky.

He obviously micromanaged his own game and changed it to benefit himself and not the team.

I followed Dubi in the WHL and the AHL before he made it to the NHL and saw him change. Early in that time frame, he was a pesky fearless agitator, and it was with that style he was successful with Avery and JJ.

After that, for a year or two, he tried to be a player he was not.

He recovered somewhat, but a lot of water had passed under the bridge so to speak.

Dubi is currently a bit expensive, but I like him as a player don't get me wrong. But, he definitely had some issues.