View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 06:34 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Not that it's necessarily going to happen, but there's lots of parallels between a pre-draft Eberle and Klimchuk.

As for Baertschi - very similar package to Eberle and was brought in 2nd year post-draft with mixed results in CGY (0.5 point/game).

He's about to head into his 3rd post-draft season (which is the same time we brought Ebs in) and should likely see a fixed role in the top-6 similar to Ebs. No reason to be surprised if he puts up Eberle-like rookie numbers (40-50pts in top-line role).

As for Monahan - I have no idea what to expect, especially if CGY wants to bring him in as an 18-year old. I'd expect Couturier like results.
Klimchuk compares well to Eberle pre-draft or in the season that followed (world juniors omitted), but the issue with the comparison between Klimchuk and what Eberle is now - is it was not reasonable to project Eberle to what he became. I honestly don't feel like Klimchuk is as smart of a player, but time will tell.

Baertschi's progression stalled, Eberle's never did. Eberle has outperformed him at every level at the same age. Difficult to say Baertschi will be or has a strong chance of becoming a 34 goal scorer in the NHL within two years.

Don't get me wrong - it's an okay pre-rebuild start for the Flames - but there probably are not superstars in that grouping - just strong supporting players. If it were me, I'd be patient with Monahan and reserve myself at drafting in the top-2 for the next two years or so. If they more smartly manage their player acquisition at the professional level, they may rebuild faster.

I have no faith in either Jay Feaster or Brian Burke to accomplish that for them.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote