View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 05:40 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Klimchuk compares well to Eberle pre-draft or in the season that followed (world juniors omitted), but the issue with the comparison between Klimchuk and what Eberle is now - is it was not reasonable to project Eberle to what he became. I honestly don't feel like Klimchuk is as smart of a player, but time will tell.

Baertschi's progression stalled, Eberle's never did. Eberle has outperformed him at every level at the same age. Difficult to say Baertschi will be or has a strong chance of becoming a 34 goal scorer in the NHL within two years.
Yeah, that jump Eberle made in his 2nd season was quite astronomical.

I wouldn't call Baertschi's season last year "stalling" though. He moved up to a new level of play, and performed quite well in it (near point/game in AHL, 0.5 point/game in NHL).

I guess you're using absolute age, while I'm using post-draft years, in comparing their performances.

Even then, their 19yr old seasons were quite similar (Baertschi was actually on pace to outscore Eberle).

Their 20yr old seasons were quite different - you're right. Eberle hit it off with Hall and Horcoff and put up superior production numbers. That being said Baertschi never really got the NHL look that Ebs did.

Again, I don't see why Flames fans can't have the same expectations for Baertschi that Oiler fans had for Ebs pre-11/12 (when he blew up)

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote