View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
I've met Patrice Bergeron a couple times at my work, really, really nice and quiet guy. Not flaunting anything, if you didn't know who he was, you certainly wouldn't have guessed he was a pro athlete. Just went about his business, had no problem talking hockey to us or signing a couple autographs. He just gets what it means to be an athlete... Quiet and doesn't look for attention but no problem talking to fans when they approach.

Also he hasn't had much NHL success but I've also met Noah Welch at my work. I recognized the name and had to look up a head shot of him. I asked him if he was a pro hockey player and he just laughed and said, "Ya." We talked a bit about hockey, both saying how it's our favorite sport to watch and play. He seemed more interested in my beer league hockey stories than he was in his own pro hockey stories too which was really cool. I never thought I would've been talking to a pro hockey player and he was more interested in what I did with my life in hockey (especially since I never played ice hockey until I was 17) than what he did with his own life.

Frankie Spankie is online now   Reply With Quote