View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I wanted him as GM of the Oilers because he could clean house and get rid of Lowe and co.

If he gets rid of King and Feaster I think he could make some improvements. If not, him and Feaster (both stubborn) will be a complete train wreck.
If Feaster is made President that would be the greatest thing ever. Feaster vs Lowe, 2 once good GMs (Feaster in Tampa, Lowe 06) But who are now garbage and somehow president

In Toronto Burke made some great trades, however he had some vets with some good trade value in Beachmin, Kaberle (was still productive) and Stajan (had value surprisingly)

In Calgary he only has an ageing Cammy on a bad contract, Stemps and Gio. It will be interesting to see if he can make trades with those guys and get back Phanuef/Lupul/Gardiner level guys back.

Also wonder how much he has left. Hes been through 3 teams, 2 of which were rebuilds.

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch
Burke will only take the job if he has total control. I could envision him having a puppet GM like KLowe did with Tambo. If this is the case, and the Flames land Burke, then they just leapfrogged ahead of the Oilers in the rebuild department. Burke is Bold, Impatient, capable of pulling off a trade, and most importantly in my mind - one of the best a drafting talent. The later of course is the Oilers biggest weakness outside the 1st pick overall.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote