View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
My take on Nash is founded on almost 10 years of supporting him as my team's best player and for most of that time its captain. I got involved in this thread because your OP built an argument based on the alleged perceptions of the CBJ fanbase ("Nash's goals are mostly meaningless"- say CBJ fans!). It would be one thing if that were actually true, but Columbus fans don't think that in enough of a quantity for it to be a consensus. Go to our board and you'll see just how much support Nash still gets there.

If your point is that Nash's goals are not meaningless, independent of the opinions of fans of his former team, ok fair enough, and you've done a comprehensive study to support that position.

If it's a platform to talk about Nash and sing his praises, then just do that without bringing a straw man into it. For the most part I agree with your assessment of Nash's abilities. That's why I'm very happy with the deal Columbus and NYR made in that trade. As someone already pointed out, what Sather gave up to get him is overpayment based on your description of him.
Except it's not, and my description of a player has absolutely zero bearing on the actual value of said player. So...

What strawman? You came in here and started asking questions, I answered them. If anyone made the thread about something other than what I wrote in the OP it was those people who came in looking to derail it.

If the opening line offends you I apologize, but it is what it is and should be taken lightly.

Have I been singing praise of anyone? I feel I've simply been disagreeing with people who use some pretty dramatic language in trying to prove their points.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote