View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Calgary's ascent will expose Lowe's rebuild as sheer incompetence. Oiler fans looking for a lottery pick for Calgary will be disappointed. Their supporting cast is quite good, and if Ramo doesn't bust, they won't be in our rear view for long.
Burke was general manager of the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS for the last FIVE YEARS. Where his accomplishments have been greatly exaggerated and made more than a few questionable moves.

FIVE YEARS AND ZERO PLAYOFF APPEARANCES.

They squeek into the playoffs last year, in a short season, with some serious over achieving.

People are giving this move far more credit than it deserves.

I would say the flames are in slightly better shape than Toronto was 6 years ago but Calgary's predicted dead last place finish this year and potentially for the next few years isn't going to change much just cause they got Brain Burke.

The flames have not made the playoffs for the last four years. Just judging on their roster and prospects I would easily say they have a minimum of another 4 years without a playoff appearance. Even with Burke. I would think 5 years is much more likely.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote