View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 12:54 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Khabby was not a legitimate starter when he arrived in Edmonton because of the injury history. He had proven that he could not be relied upon to start enough games and play at a high level due to the high mileage on his body.

Many posters on this board (including myself) said as much when he was signed. Khabby was done as a starter during his first go around with the Hawks.

Looking past all that history and pointing to a Stanley Cup from 2003 is not based on present reality. Although Lowe does like to look back at the distant past as justification for his decisions so I guess the lack of due diligence should surprise anyone.

Little wonder this team is still a question mark after almost 5 years of rebuilding.
I didn't know Khabibulin played for the Devils.

Even putting that aside he was 25-8-7 in his final year as a Blackhawk and he got the hawks to the WCF. Was the team a good one? Absolutely. But those are still starters numbers. Never mind he played more playoff games than Huet.

Again the term and $ were a bit much, but looking at how much today's starters are getting paid...

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote