View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 02:00 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
December of this year will be 4 years....the end of this season will be almost 5 years as I stated. It looks to be over 5 years before this team is a legit playoff team based on the current trajectory.

Only in the world of Oilers management and apologist Oiler fans (not saying you are) does it take that long to be a bubble playoff team.
Being a bubble playoff team isn't the goal, though. Anyone can do it, including Kevin Lowe - who did it for many years.

Quote:
I think MacT can speed that up and I also think that had he been in the GM chair since the beginning the team would likely be better than it is right now. MacT is the only saving grace on this Management team IMO. I just dont know if he alone can off set the sheer amount of incompetence that currently exists.

I am willing to bet the Flames do it a lot quicker than the Oilers will.
I'm not sold that either team will even do it at all.

It's easy to call a spade a spade on a bad move when you live with the consequences as a fan. When you don't, it's easier to miss. Feaster has ****ed the dog on almost everything he's done - and this includes massive contracts for mediocre players, NTC's and NMC's, and what I think is legitimately the worst line-up since the Oilers in 2009-2010.

One thing I'll say is that Burke is a man of action. He'll make a dozen moves, some will work out - others will fail. My worry is that he and Feaster, who have trashed the rebuild route, will attempt to forego it entirely.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote