View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Take off your 2005 Gagne jersey and accept that it's 2013.
Ha ha...

Anyway..it's not really about hate from my perspective at least. I don't hate Gagne at all. However, I do dislike the Flyers recycling former Flyers who are essentially past due all the time.

I just don't understand the continued hype with the guy and the amount of deference he is receiving when in the last 3 years or so he hasn't shown much of anything. To me it just seems like nostalgia.

Moreover, what people should be excited about is this....

Quote:
Laughton, the Flyers’ first selection in the 2012 draft, has an outside chance to make the team. He is 19, so he is not AHL-eligible and figures to be sent back to juniors if he is not on the Flyers’ opening-night roster. Last season, he had 56 points (23 goals, 33 assists) and a plus-22 rating in 49 games with the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League.

Holmgren expects Laughton to push for a job at camp.

“I think we have to give him an opportunity to see how he does,” he said.

The camp will also feature the highly touted Cousins, 20, who finished third in the OHL with 103 points (27 goals, 76 assists) in 76 games last season.

Holmgren said if players stand out in practices and the rookie game against the Caps, “we’ll continue to take looks at them.”

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...Goev3l53LmP.99
...hey if Gagne can win his spot so be it. It's good that the Flyers are taking a wait and see noncommital approach with him...not that they have much choice until they can place Pronger on LTIR..but still.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote