View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 02:23 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I'm not sure where I said the oilers are deep at center. I will say however that our top center is a lot better than Matt Stajan whether it be Gagner or RNH.
Matt Stajan and Backlund (in terms of the game they bring) would both be a better fit on this Oilers team that Sam Gagner. With Monahan likely making the team there is a lack of veteran presence there but Stajan and Backlund are gritty secondary scorers and Monahan has size and a strong 2 way game as well. All 3 players offer something that no Oiler centre (except possibly RNH) can offer at this time.

Quote:
I would argue that your role here is to praise everything that goes on in calgary while decrying anything that happens here.
The difference between me and you is that I am not scared to admit that there are strengths in the Flames org and shed light on the incompetence with the Oilers Management.

All you seem to want to do is overlook the issues with this management (as based on your endless defending of Tambo) by diverting attention to another team usually the Flames.

Quote:
The situation in calgary is so remarkably similar to ours a few years ago. Is Baertschi talented? Absolutely. Will he be an elite forward? Perhaps. His last season wasn't much to write home about though since it was shortened due to injury. We will see what this season holds. Nothing is set in stone for this franchise but I think it's safe to say this is a lottery year for the flames.
On this we completely agree.

Quote:
I am hardly the only person on this board that mocks the flames. I don't approve of everything the oilers do either but I am pleased with what MacT has done this offseason. I also praised Feaster for doing what should be done this offseason: minor tweaking.
You defended Tambo (and to a lesser extent Lowe) ad nausium over the past couple of years.
You had an excuse for everything the Management group did or didnt do.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that the flames are still a weak hockey club with many pundits predicting them to finish very low in the standings. Not does it change the fact that they should have torn down the team at least two years ago.
The Flames are likely to be a lottery team as you stated above. They probably did wait to long as well.

Now we see how good an addition Burke will be because its clear what the direction of the team is now.

Quote:
The fact we got a better return for Penner than they did for Iginla should say enough.
Cherry picking doesnt really accomplish much...how have the Oilers done replacing Glencross?

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote