Thread: News Article: Odds The Oilers Make the Playoffs?
View Single Post
09-05-2013, 02:47 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
No the way it's set up now the top 3 in the Pacific make it and the top 3 in the Central make it and then it's the next best two teams regardless of division. So you can potentially have the Oilers finishing 5th in the Pacific division and as long as they finished higher than the 4th team in the Central they would cross over and end up playing the Central division winner and be part of the Central bracket for the first two rounds. I hope that makes sense lol
It does make sense but the OP said "Article has Oilers finishing top 8 in West, making playoffs"

I was just curious, with the way the divisions and playoff format is setup, will it always end up being the top 8 between the Pacific and Central (aka West)? Or is it possible for the Pacific to have 6 teams with higher records than the top 3 in the Central, which in theory would have a team making the playoffs with the 9th best record in the west. Which after thinking about it again, yes it is probably possible, but very unlikely to happen. So I answered my own question.

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote