View Single Post
Old
11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
FLYLine27
BUCH

vCash: 500
I played hockey since I was 8, when I turned 18 and left high school and went to college I started reffing. Best decision I made. I LOVE refereeing, I work for one of the best reffing organization in New York and I was a extremely quick learner and thankfully my Referee in Chief saw a lot of potential in me at 18 so I was getting Midget games in my 2nd month and it helped me greatly. Now at 21 im doing Junior A games in NY and am refereeing at the Midget state tournaments each year.

Next year my I should be starting NCAA Division 1 hockey games, not the top level like the big name schools but the local area schools (like about 50 miles and less...Sacred Heart, Army, etc and Girls D1 NCAA hockey).

I'm a great skater so that was a huge plus but you have you know know the rules and interpret them on the ice to be successful in refereeing.

If your dedicated enough you'll have a bright future...if your in it just for the money then whatever, you probably won't get very far and will be doing low level hockey for your time.

After reffing for a year I had to get back on the ice and playing as well, last year I joined an adult league and this year i joined another so im playing in 2 leagues as well.

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote