View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 10:49 PM
McDreamy
Losing credibility

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I don't take anything from one game. I didn't state that.

What I'm curious is how so many people that haven't seen klef play in ages are instead inferring he's one of the most valuable players the org has. That to me is incomprehensible. That comment and assessment of Klef being a top D is made all over this board.

The game means nothing. Except that it is the primacy information that any of us have to draw on. In essence that in primacy effect, this is what Klef looks like now. That he doesn't look like a top draftpick now. This is a sample of one, sure, but right now a sample of one is all we have to detect where the player is currently at.

I'm not deducing from one game, just saying that what was seen today is maybe more the staqus quo than anybody wants to realize.
This is exactly what I've been thinking. There have been plenty of comparisons from HFOil to Brodin in terms of potential and rookie season impact, when it's been pretty well accepted by people who have watched them play that Brodin has always been a couple steps ahead of Klefbom. Seems like many on here feel comfortable counting their chickens before they hatch. Learn from our past mistakes, guys.

I'm not writing Klefbom off as a bust by any means, but he is definitely not a sure bet to be a bloody top pairing guy despite how some on here speak of him. Let's hope he shows more next game.

McDreamy is online now   Reply With Quote