View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 10:54 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I don't take anything from one game. I didn't state that.

What I'm curious is how so many people that haven't seen klef play in ages are instead inferring he's one of the most valuable players the org has. That to me is incomprehensible. That comment and assessment of Klef being a top D is made all over this board.

The game means nothing. Except that it is the primacy information that any of us have to draw on. In essence that in primacy effect, this is what Klef looks like now. That he doesn't look like a top draftpick now. This is a sample of one, sure, but right now a sample of one is all we have to detect where the player is currently at.

I'm not deducing from one game, just saying that what was seen today is maybe more the staqus quo than anybody wants to realize.
He is one of the more valuable players that the organization has.
Sure, he's only a prospect but he's our best bet to be a potential 2 way top pairing defenseman and that in itself is extremely valuable.

His development since the draft has pointed upward and in rapid fashion. He went from being a very raw prospect to a WJC All Star to one of the best defensemen in a pro league, even close to if not on par with Brodin according to some SEL observers in a span of 2 seasons so there's merit for being excited about his potential.
I don't think anybody is expecting him to break into the Oilers top 4 this season but i think it's reasonable that he could work his way onto the Oilers roster towards the end of the season.

And you are taking too much from one game just by saying that this could very well be the status quo with him and i think it's ridiculous to think that after one exhibition game.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote