View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
Replacement does have a valid concern due to any player missing that much hockey. But none of his play today was due to physical concerns and i've seen what he can do in rookie camp which isn't perfect but Klef is the last player i'd be worried about. Musil on the other hand....
Thank you for actually taking the time to actually consider what I stated.

Just to add though its not just about physical concerns at all. A prospect could be 100% healthy and still suffer coordination effects for a long time due to hockey being the most complicated team sport on the planet requiring extensive fine motor control. All the gym work, rehab, etc. does nothing to replace the game of hockey played at toplevel. Its simply extremely difficult for any developing D to get back to that level after missing a large part of two years.

Pro hockey is the hardest game to learn period. D,due to all requirements and being able to move adroitly in any direction being arguably the hardest position to learn/relearn. From Neurons, synapses, to cerebral awareness everything has to be relearned to some degree. It has been that long.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote