View Single Post
Old
09-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Who is a better bet in the organization to be a POTENTIAL top pairing defenseman? Note the word potential so don't say stuff like people are expecting him to be a top pairing defenseman.
J Schultz clearly has the best potential and not even close. After that with all the young D in our org its a crapshoot. It could well be that none of them are anywhere close to be a top pairing D or shutdown D. I wouldn't go out on a limb and say any of the others are.

Quote:
He missed the majority of last season, played most of the previous season and was a WJC All Star that season as well, not sure where you got 2 seasons of missed time from and even more ridiculously 2 disastrous seasons from. BTW, it's not only Swedish posters who were pumping his tires. There were many scouting reports that were raving about his rise up the SEL ranks.
I would agree that the injuries are somewhat of a concern but he's very young and build very strongly so i doubt that the injuries will have any long term effect.
Bah, my memory has it that he suffered injuries in the last 2 years and if I'm wrong on that chalk it up to age and sorry bout that.

Quote:
You do seem to be jumping to conclusions by saying that what we saw in this game could be status quo with him. It would be equally ridiculous for somebody to claim that he's ready to dominate the NHL if he had a great game tonight.
With the bolded we agree.

But D is an exceedingly difficult position to play at a high shutdown level and Klef has a lot of silky smooth in his optimal game. Its hard to get that optimal coordination finely tuned and back even to what it was. When he does that he'll still be a year at least behind his graduating class.. Doesn't help that he decided to play in Europe longer and I state this due to the position he's playing.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote