View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Proto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's one of those that's impossible to properly judge until they're actually out on the ice, wearing them. Might look really cool or it might look totally horrible.

(As opposed to a clear miss like that new Buffalo jersey. On-ice, off-ice, in a dumpster, outside a dumpster but on fire, etc. it's still going to look bad.)
That's pretty much how I feel. From an aesthetic viewpoint, it's very clean. I like that it's just red and white without a lot of ugly banding. I think branding "Canada" on it makes sense, too -- in much the same way that I don't always recognize foreign flags in the Olympics. It also makes sense from a sales perspective, which is probably why it says "Vancouver" on the current Canucks jerseys they unveiled shortly before the 2010 Olympics (cha ching!).

I think those Team Canada jerseys would look spectacular with white helmes, white gloves, and -- dare I say it -- some hockey shorts that heavily incorporate some white, possibly even as the primary colour. Plus they could look incredible with some white goalie equipment.

I dunno. I'm over every jersey using the striping around the sleeves or waistline.