Old
09-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Good question, in terms of market value I'd argue Hjalmarsson has more. But in terms of value to our team and qualities Bieksa' bring like on and off ice relationships, leadership and grit I likely wouldn't move Bieksa for Hjalmarsson. That and the fact I think Garrison and Hjalmarsson are near identical players.
Agree with you here. Hjalmar and Juice are totally different players. As much as I like to harp on Juice, I totally get where he is coming from, in rollerhockey I am the same player as him. But he needs to be more responsible defensively, like Garrison. That's why I think him with Hamhuis works so well, he doesn't need to be the one to chip in offensively, he just needs to punch players like Toews or Thornton in the head a few times and make sure they don't score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I think the "Vancouver" on the Canucks jerseys is worse from an aesthetic perspective, as it draws attention to itself. The reason I don't mind the "Canada" is because it's understated. It strikes me more as a visual contract to the logo rather than a stark appeal to consumerism. But I'm slicing things quite finely here.

Honestly, I just think it evokes a kind of fusion of 60s design philosophy that's very European, and I dig that. But I want white gloves and pants and helmets
Yep. The Vancouver wording is ugly, but it works here because it is not the forefront of the jersey (which should be, and always hopefully will be, the maple leaf). Vancouver I hope goes back to the stick in the rink logo. Because that is our history, and what looks best for us aesthetically.