View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=zytz;70849293]I'm just going to come out and say what everyone is thinking- if you really believe he single-handey blew that cup run you aren't paying attention. (Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because the alternative is that you're just that much of a Bowman hater.)

The problem that year was always coaching and/or execution on our own end of the ice. In fact before the start of last season I think I was laughed at for saying (nearly verbatim) that the same team would win if two things happened- defense stepped up and Crow played like he did his rookie year.

Personnel obviously wasn't an issue, despite the endless moaning on this board about Oduya, not trading Crawford, lack of 2C / Derek Roy, etc

The team was always good, they just weren't playing like it.

Anyways, the Crow and Bickell signings both make me a touch nervous, but the Hammer signing is great, and I can't complain about keeping the gang together. Stan's the man, and he keeps getting it done, so I'll trust in his moves. Best GM over the past 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Shhhh. No. It's Shero that is the most awesome-est. At least on HF. Perhaps that is the Crosby factor influencing it but Stan has done a better job in my opinion in retaining the talent that the Hawks have developed and complimented with role player signings.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote