Thread: Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign Teuvo Teravainen
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Kentti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Other than right at the end when the winning goal was scored - I didn't see #86 in any of those highlights. Does anyone know how he is doing playing the center position - faceoffs, defensive play, etc?
There's a whole game on Youtube where TT plays on the previous page.

Excluding yesterday's game, I've seen every game TT has been playing in Jokerit this preseason. At the start he lost most of his faceoffs, wasn't spectacular overall, quite invisible but he wasn't a liability defensively either. Game by game he has been getting better, winning more faceoffs (IMO still losing more than winning). He has been a great skater from the start, he can move the puck from the defensive zone to the offensive zone quite effectively, gives sharp and more importantly, clever passes. He has taken care of his defensive responsibilities quite well in the last few games.

On PP he's really good. I wouldn't call him a wizard but he can get the puck to the offensive zone easily and gives good passes to other players. Jokerit has used 4 forwards and 1 defenseman in their PP unit. TT has been on the second PP unit and on 5 vs 5 he's been a second line Center.

Last edited by Kentti: 09-06-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo