View Single Post
09-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
I made that comment right after Monahan scored the goal and this was intended to go in the GDT. This was not based on Nurse looking rusty after a game but after Nurse looking crappy on one shift of this exhibition game.

Read the GDT... I wasnt the only one who got on Nurse's case.
That's true, but equally silly. It's his first game of Pro anything, so for him to make some mistakes shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. He's not Seth Jones, if Jones had looked like that concern would be more warranted because he's supposed to be a much more finished product (I don't think there's much debate there)

So he made some mistakes, but when you stop solely focusing on little things that can, and likely will, be work out with experience and maturity, you see a very nice young player.

Nurse skates very well, looks confident, smooth and most of all looks strong. Like bust you in the face, I'm going to make your life hell tonight strong. He looks like the kind of kid, if he brings consistency to his game, that could own faces on a nightly basis and be a difference maker.

Is Darnell Nurse there yet? Hell no, but he's on his way, WAY too earlier to write a kid like him off.