View Single Post
09-06-2013, 01:20 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
So the important thing to check before buying a TV is whether ABL or CATS can be turned off?
Well the important thing to check is if the plasma that you are interested in even has the FBr issue at all. And if so if there is a solution. As you can see from the responses below there are many plasma's that do not have the issue.
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I have a 48' samsung plasma and have had NO issues with watching HD games.
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
As mentioned in a previous post, I have a Samsung Plasma and I do not experience anything similar to what is shown in both of those toutube clips.

I feel bad for you guys. That would kill my watching experience.
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Weird. I have an older Samsung plasma that I've been watching hockey on for years and I've never had an issue.
Yes, there are many plasmas, especially older ones without all the new ambient light processing that do not get FBr. Or their owners are smart enough not to watch on "standard" settings and use custom ones. The plasma buyer these days is usually an informed purchaser as the market is really a niche market these days.

I would say anyone in the market for a new tv should do some research before they buy one regardless of it's Plasma or LCD.

Last edited by RangersFan: 09-07-2013 at 02:01 PM.
RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote