View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 03:26 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I actually think "toughness" is the incorrect way to put this. I think this team is plenty "tough" with the way they block shots and hit and do all of that stuff. The part of the game that they are lacking is any sort of intimidation factor. When it comes time for the playoffs, teams hate to see guys like Chris Neil or Brandon Prust or Matt Hendricks because they make life miserable for the other teams on a nightly basis. They finish their checks, crossing the border occasionally, and they back it up when called upon. They create energy when the team is flat and they give everything to win games. That type of play is contagious and I 100% believe that is part of the reason the Rangers did so well a couple of years ago.
None of those players have accomplished anything significant in the playoffs in their entire careers. Chris Neil made it to the Finals with Ottawa. He averaged about 10 minutes time on ice during those playoffs and had 3 points in 15 games played. That's the high point. I don't think any of those three players is really improving any team's chances of playoff success.