View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 04:32 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Do they have any stud defensemen or goalies not already on the team?
As previously mentioned, the Flames have a great young goaltending prospect in Gillies and then a good prospect in Brossoit. They also have Joni Ortio coming back from Finland, so that is another body in the mix. I'm not sold on him, but he was supposedly very good last year.

On the blue line you have past Team USA captain, and Wisconsin Badger captain, John Ramage. Tyler Wotherspoon was excellent for Team Canada in last year's world junior tournament. Patrick Sieloff is a shoe-in for this year's American entry at the junior tournament. All three of these kids have the ability to make the NHL this season and have been told as such. Two guys that stood out from last night's game were Culkin and Kanzig. Both are young but stood out head-to-head with the Oilers blue line prospects. Of course their job was much easier as the play was not in their end that much, so the next games will tell if this was an adoration or if they were that good. Again, not great depth, but considering where the team was a couple years ago this is a huge improvement. These blue liners have an interesting mix of skill and grit that give them a good chance of finding their way on the roster in some capacity.

Quote:
Their forward corps look very weak this year especially with Cammilleri wanting out.
Is that a bad thing for a team in a rebuild? I hope Cammalleri lights it up, along with Stempniak and Stajan, so their value is maximized at the deadline. Get as many picks as they can and stock up some more. It is going to be a pitiful couple of years for the Flames and I hope they are rewarded with a couple of high end prospects in the next couple of drafts.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote