View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Embiid
Trust!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha. Yeah. First week on the job, not as heavy a load as I will soon have.

People may never have used the word "sucks" to describe him (though I think in a reading of the whole thread there could be found an instance of it), but it seems implied by what else is said about him. Deference is what should be given to Gagne, much like my argument with Mez. You don't lose a spot to a no-name guy because you get injured and some kid has a decent string of games. You can lose that spot in camp to anyone, for sure. But going into the new season, the seasoned veteran, i.e. Gagne, is not the one with something to prove against a group of guys with a combined 20 or so NHL games with not a big investment involved (i.e. no big contract or high draft pick), nor is the seasoned veteran, i.e. Mez, the one with something prove against a guy with a total of 60 decent NHL games. It is entirely possible that neither will make the roster, either because they are traded/not re-signed or because they are out-played in camp or preseason by the youngins or Gus. But going in the youngins and Gus should not be given the benefit of the doubt based on a microscopic sample size compared to Gagne and Mez.
So you do believe in giving Gagne deference or showing favoritism simply because he's a vet and a former Flyers fan favorite? This is precisely what I'm against and it looks like some more pragmatic minds aren't as committal as you either...

Management wouldn't be making such statements to the public if they fully endorsed Gagne and thought he was the best option like many others seem to think

Quote:
Assistant general manager Ron Hextall said he wasn’t sure whether Simon Gagne would get a camp tryout next week. Hextall did say that he and Holmgren had discussed looking at “three or four” NHL veterans, who remain un-signed, but there was nothing firm on that right now. ...

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...it-and-impress

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote