View Single Post
Old
09-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Our farm system is still a joke because our farm team doesn't teach the players to play the style of play that we play in the NHL. That's an impossible feat because we change coaches every year. Until we hold onto one coach in the NHL for 3+ years, I don't see this happening. Each coach that comes in is going to have their own style and it'll make players in the farm team have to adjust their game to be able to prepare to play effectively in Edmonton's system.
This is what I see as well. Good organizations that seem to always in the playoffs have very entrenched styles that are played at all levels of the club so the players know the system when they get the call.

Teams I would say that are excellent at this are Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim, Boston, Nashville and Minnie. Say what you will about those teams, but they all have a style that the club endoctrinates their players into from day one. I would say they always seem to have adequate players in their system to address their needs. That is what we are lacking IMHO.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote