View Single Post
Old
09-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Usual_Suspect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sedins0Cups View Post
I think they have to be over 20 years old or have 4 years of junior under their belts before they can go pro in the AHL. Both Khaira and Marco Roy will have to play junior this year. Khaira already committed to Everett, Roy will go back to the Q if he doesn't make the team, which is obviously a long shot. Although, he does look like an impressive pick right now.
This applies to players drafted out of the chl. Khaira was drafted out of the bchl (not part of the chl). He will go to Everett if he doesn't make OKC.

Directly from Khaira:
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...938/story.html

Quote:
But Khaira, 19, impressed the Oilers so much he was given a entry-level contract. He is now determined to make the Oklahoma City Barons’ roster in the American Hockey League, although it’s more likely he’ll spend the season in junior with the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League.

“If that’s what has to happen, I wouldn’t be upset, but the goal is to play at a higher level, so we’ll see,” he said. “But it was a really tough decision. I had a great time in college last year. It was one of my best years. At the same time, this was a great opportunity. I wanted to sign and start my professional career.

Last edited by Usual_Suspect: 09-07-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote