View Single Post
09-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Here we go again!
vCash: 725
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I don't think Archambault not being signed had anything to do with size. He made very little progress in the 2 years after being drafted and wasn't ready to play in the pros. Better to sign a FA that can play AHL than a guy like him who will play 2-3 years ECHL.

I don't think MB and co are as obsessed with size and the fans...they did draft Lehkonen and Reway who are small but ultra skilled.

My hunch on Kristo is, after having him around for 3-4 weeks(plus development camps) they did not see enough drive and work ethic for him to be a top 6 forward in the NHL, so they traded him for what they saw as better value. Thomas is a sniper and has a good work ethic and good bloodlines. Maybe he won't fit here because of size and too many similar players, but he has 2 more years without waivers so he can be an asset to be traded down the road.

I guess we'll know who won in about 3 years.
Archambault still ended up a PPG regular season and in the playoffs. And for some, he didn't look too bad on his first stint with the Dogs. And never was he playing on incredible top teams either.

They may not be obsessed like the fans....yet, they keep mentioning that it was important to be bigger. Geez, Molson at the golf tournament said that we were now "grand"....didn't even mentioned better with Brière in his mind. By the way, the obsession with size comes with the fact that we didn't have any or so little. Once there's a better redistribution, nobody will say no to a smaller skilled player.

As far as not seeing enough work ethic...again, it all depends how you see it. At one point, Price was and probably is still seen like that. Subban had "character" issues...Beaulieu do seem to have it....and yet, all those guys are still here. Was Kristo worst than that? We'll see....yet, this is just like Ribeiro, Grabovski and the others.....So bad influence for our team, yet succeeded in staying with their new team for a long time.

Honestly, it has to be either one of these things. Kristo has to be amongst ones of the worst teamates and human beings on the planet 'cause he's not only taller than Thomas but he's really fast which is what this game is all about. And frankly, he's just as a sniper as Thomas is supposed to be. Or, Bergevin say in Thomas a much better player....Yes...we will see. I can assure you though....won't take 3 years to know.