View Single Post
Old
09-07-2013, 02:56 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
6'2'' 238 lbs left winger from Montréal, Québec?

Expecting the Habs to be all over this Alexis Pépin kid.

2nd overall pick in the QMJHL last year.
Pepin will probably be in the top sixty picks at the moment, if the Habs could draft Nick Ritchie in the 1st round and Pepin in the 2nd round I will be ecstatic. These players along with McCarron could be a wrecking crew and a high scoring line at the same time.

Pepin is listed as a RH Center not a LW, but big centers that can score are rare to find. If the Habs get Ritchie 6'3" and 220 lbs LW add Pepin at 6'2" and 238 lbs. as center, Mike McCarron 6'6" and 238 lbs. RW.

Now that's a beast line if ever there was one, 696 lbs. on one line in hockey not football. I can imagine the Habs having all three of these players playing for them in a couple of years and the nice thing is they will only be just turning 20 yrs. old.

There is always Tyler Hill he went undrafted last year, and he plays for Ottawa in the OHL this season 6'6" and 230 lbs. but I doubt he will be as good a LW as Nick Ritchie. Hill could be the Policeman/Enforcer for the Habs if his skating has caught up with his growth spurt.

The Habs have a need for a few big forwards to make room for the Hudon's, Lekhonen's and Andrighetto's in their system.