View Single Post
Old
09-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Lebanezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
It's been two games and I simply said I expected more from both of them. I'm sure they'll both be a whole lot better as their seasons get under way.

Guys like Trouba, Jensen, Sheifele, Granlund, Ferland, Kitchon, Abeltshauser, Schwartz (just to name a few) have been very noticeable just about every time they're on the ice. Hertl & Nieto are the top two prospects for the Sharks at this tournament, and as someone who has watched several of these prospects play pretty often I had hoped they'd show more then they have.
I wasn't sure what to expect form Hertl since he hasn't had a ton of time on the smaller ice, and it's very clear that he is still getting used to it. I also don't think he was quite prepared for how physical the "north american" style of hockey is played. I think some AHL time would be very beneficial for him in that regard. Nieto has seemed tentative to me, he just needs to get comfortable and recognize that he belongs. Speed and skill is obviously there, he just needs to own it. Ultimately, my opinion of them will come from their work in the preseason with the big boys.